Thursday, September 2, 2010

CHAPTER 15

“Love is like a grass. If you fall on it, it may leave a stain and some temporary pain. But you’ll get over the pain, it will eventually stop hurting. Now maybe the stain ruined your favorite pair of jeans, or maybe it was nothing special that was ruined, but either way the stain remains there. And with time, it will begin to fade, but it will always be there, a permanent reminder that you, too, once fell.”

As we were approaching at the party, people are going wild. Loud cheers and music welcomed us upon our arrival. Steve was waving his hands as we passed by a couple of girls giggling and smiling flirtatiously at him. Me? I couldn't care less, my heart was beating so fast, because I knew that any moment from now, I will see Jake for the first time since like forever. It's been a month since I talked to him, I don't know how would I react and how would I feel. Everything for me is point blank, i can't hear the loud music, the loud cheers, all i noticed is how numb i was feeling it was like I'm drowning, it's hard to breath, I can't do it, I have to run, run away from here, all this crowd, it made me so dizzy.

"Ice? Are you okay?" Steve was holding my hand, and then he hug me amidst of the crowd, he hugged me.

I was just standing there, frozen, shocked yet i felt so calm and it was nice...it rescued me from drowning, it made me feel warm and cozy, I liked it.

"I'm okay now...you can let go." I whispered at his ears.

"Are you sure? You know we can do this all night, hmmmmm.."

"I'm a hundred percent sure Steve, now let go, or I'll kicked your ass..." I was embarrassed 'coz people are staring...

He let go of me and stared at me for a while....

"Ice I know you're scared because you might think you will see Jake, and all the pain that's been hidden there will haunt you back again...however I'll be here at your side okay? If you want us to go, just hold my hand and we will go, for the meantime let's have fun, didn't you say a while ago at the car that we will be having a blast?"

I just nodded and look at him, then i took a deep breath.

"Who wants beer?" I enthusiastically asked him, pretending that all he was saying is true...that it's going to be okay.

We were really having a blast, and Steve was with me all the time, making me laugh...we dance, sang every lyrics of the song playing from the bands. I was having a good time.

"Hey Ice, I'll just have to go to the men's room wait for me here okay?"

I just nodded... I was standing all alone at one corner, smiling to each familiar person who looks at my way.

Then i saw him... Jake walking towards me, he had changed a lot. He look nice, he added a little weight, and he was smiling at me. I felt another rush at my body, but i remained calm and i just stood there looking at him... his eyes were glowing, he's more cuter than i remembered..then i realized something, something I have never felt for a long time now, I miss him, I suddenly miss Jake. No pain, no hurt but a sudden longing...longing for my best friend.

"Ice? Is that you? You changed...I mean you look great, your hair? you cut it? I mean wow, is that really you?" He was looking at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Jake..." It's all I can say....

"You never answered my calls and you were always never home..." Jake was looking at me differently now, it was like hurt, and confusion at the same time.

"I lost my phone, and I was busy...and I..." I can never find the right words to say.

"Babe, there you are...I have been looking all over for you."

Nice, Jake's girlfriend approached us, she was still the same, pretty sophisticated girl, she didn't even notice me.

"So you're still together huh?" I smiled forcefully, pretending not to care...

"Hey, you're Ice right? I remember you... you're Jake's best friend or should I say was his best friend... How..."

"Nice, Have you seen Eli, I think he had my camera, can you look for him?" Jake interrupted her quickly.

"There you are... so you've made friends while I'm gone huh?"
Steve put his arms around my shoulder, over protectively.

"Ah hey..ahmm..Jake meet Steve, Steve this is Jake and Nice." Now this is awkward, but thankfully Steve is here, he rescued me from this misery and I can't wait to go. So I immediately held his hands tightly, I want to leave now.

"Ice, can we go now? I needed to show you something." Steve knew and sense the tension all around us.

"Yeah sure." My hands still holding his, tighter than before.

"Ice... I..." Jake was about to tell me something when Nice interrupted him.

I turned my back, and Steve and I walked holding hands together silently. Tears fell down impetuously. Steve held my hand tighter as we walked and even though we didn't talk about it I know that he felt the pain and hurt that had haunted me again. I can never remove the stain that Jake had caused me, like what they say, in time it will fade but the stain will always still be there...





No comments: